Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Before The Meeting

BEFORE THE MEETING

Lord, in my need I come before Thee for meeting time is drawing near
And I see a picture rise before me – the faces of Thy children dear,
Bought with the life of Thine own Son; I name them over one by one.

And I, the least one, most unworthy, ask now this blessing, Lord, of Thee,
That Thou would grant to me a message for everyone whose need might be
A need that Thou wouldst long to meet, as there we sit at Jesus’ feet.

Lord, in my need I come before Thee; remember now my need, I pray.
Grant that my heart be soft and tender. Oh, put all hardness far away;
Teach me to do my little share before the meeting, Lord, in prayer.

AFTER THE MEETING

After the meeting is over and you go refreshed on your way,
Do you think of the message next morning and all that God had to say?

Do you gather the bit that was helpful and seek to work it in
To a garment that may make you more worthy of Him?

After the meeting is over, Satan is busy still
To try to do all he can to keep you from doing God's will.

It is only the bit that we practice that proves that we mean to be true,
So after the meeting is over, God help me to be and to do."

By Jack Jackson 

No comments:

Post a Comment