Lord, help me to know when and what to speak, and when to be silent.
the Bible says...
1. Be silent In the heat of anger - (Prov 14:17)
2. Be silent When you don't have all the facts - (Prov 18:13)
3. Be silent When you haven't verified the story - (Deut 17:6)
4. Be silent If your words will offend a weaker person - (1 Cor 8:11)
5. Be silent When it is time to listen - (Prov 13:1)
6. Be silent When you are tempted to make light of holy things - (Eccl 5:2)
7. Be silent When you are tempted to joke about sin - (Prov 14:9)
8. Be silent If you would be ashamed of your words later - (Prov 8:8)
9. Be silent If your words would convey the wrong impression - (Prov 17:27)
10. Be silent If the issue is none of your business - (Prov 14:10)
11. Be silent When you are tempted to tell an outright lie - (Prov 4:24)
12. Be silent If your words will damage someone else's reputation - (Prov 16:27)
13. Be silent If your words will damage a friendship - (Prov 16:28)
14. Be silent When you are feeling critical - (James 3:9)
15. Be silent If you can't say it without screaming it - (Prov 25:28)
16. Be silent If your words will be a poor reflection of the Lord or your friends and family - (1 Pt 2:21-23)
17. Be silent If you may have to eat your words later - (Prov 18:21)
18. Be silent If you have already said it more than one time - (Prov 19:13)
19. Be silent When you are tempted to flatter a wicked person - (Prov 24:24)
20. Be silent When you are supposed to be working instead - (Prov 14:23)
"WHOEVER GUARDS HIS MOUTH AND TONGUE KEEPS HIS SOUL FROM TROUBLES" - (Prov 21:23).
"BE STILL, AND KNOW THAT I AM GOD" (Ps 46:10)