Thursday, August 30, 2012

I Can't Remember!

Just a line to say I'm living, that I'm not among the dead, though I'm getting more forgetful and mixed up in the head.

I got used to my arthritis, to my dentures I'm resigned, I can manage my bifocals tho it's not all that keen but God I miss my mind,

For sometimes I can't remember, when I stand at the foot of the stairs, if I must go up for something, or have just come down from there.

And before the fridge so often, my poor mind is filled with doubt, have I just put food away, or have I come to take some out?

And there's the time when it is dark with my nightcap on my head,

I don't know if I'm retiring, or just getting out of bed.

So if it's my turn to write to you, there's no need for getting sore,

I may think that I have written and don't want to be a bore.

So, remember that I love you and wish that you were near but now it's nearly mail time so I must say good-bye dear,

There I stand beside the mailbox with a face so very red, instead of mailing you my letter, I opened it instead!

Source: Internet

No comments:

Post a Comment