Thursday, October 23, 2014

Changed Meanings Of Words

"Sinfully delicious", "decadent desserts", "wickedly delicious", "eat wicked - never feel guilty", "chocolate sin cake" (all real advertisements), and "that's BAD, Dude" ... terms calling good things "bad" but we understand that they mean "good"?

Have you noticed how at times words have changed in meaning? Words that actually mean "bad" are used to mean "good"? Words that actually mean "good" are used to mean "bad"?

No, I don't think it has come to the meaning in Isaiah 5:20. But when I hear these phrases, it sure brings that verse to my mind. "Woe to those who call evil good and good evil".

(I have some of my Daddy in me. I know he would do this too.) If I see a dessert advertised as "sinfully delicious" or "decadent chocolate", I will not eat it. YES, even CHOCOLATE. Don't misunderstand me, please. I do NOT believe there is anything wrong with eating it and I CAN eat it with a clear conscious. It is simply my way of keeping my mind from slipping into allowing those words that are tied with evil from becoming less meaningful in my life.

And then there is ... "If there's no chocolate in heaven, I'm not going." ~Author Unknown

Ahh, wouldn't it be nice to know (when things are said in fun) at what point God's smile is beginning to fade because of the words that come out of our mouths.

All that being said, remember that "chocolate is an antidepressant, which is especially useful as you start to gain weight." ~Jason Love (whoever he is)

Edith L. Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment