Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Poem By P. Cberg

I have such sorrow in my heart;
For those who believe in God but take no part;
In going to hear the Gospel story,
As told by Jesus in all his Glory.

My sorrow deepens even more,
For those who don't know what's in store;
When they don't believe in God at all;
But the day will come when they hear his call.

And on that day when Jesus returns to earth;
We need to remember upon His birth;
The reason God sent Jesus to suffer so;
Was to pay for our sins, and by doing so show

That the way was in the path that He Laid out,
The only path that we must never doubt,
By the New Testament we must always abide;
For when our time comes we won't be able to hide.

The Gates to Heaven will be open to those;
Who follow the teaching of Jesus who chose,
To lay out the pathway for those who believe,
I pray that I can stay true and thereby achieve.

Being one, when I stand before God on His Throne,
I will be able to stand without fear of hearing I do not belong.
For I know that day will be coming , I know not when,
I just pray that I will be ready both today and then.

P. Oberg

No comments:

Post a Comment