Tuesday, September 29, 2015

I Would Rather Walk With Him

I know not what shall befall me
God tenderly shades my eyes.
And so each step of my onward path
He makes new scenes arise;
And every joy he sends me comes
As a sweet and strange surprise.


I see not a step before me
Yet I journey without a fear.
The past is still in God's keeping
The future His mercy will clear.
And what looks dark in the distance
May brighten as I draw near.

For perhaps the dreaded future
Is less bitter than I think
The Lord may sweeten the waters
Before I stoop to drink
Or if Mara must still be Mara
He will stand beside the brink.

Then it may be He has waiting
For the coming of my feet
Some gift of such rare blessedness
Some joy surpassing sweet
That my lips can only tremble
With the thanks they can't repeat.

I journey on not knowing
I would not if I might.
I would rather walk in the dark with God
Than walk alone in the light.
I would rather walk with Him by faith
Than walk alone by sight.

Author Unknown

Source: facebook.com

No comments:

Post a Comment