Wednesday, January 1, 2014

The New Year Blessing

The new year, like a new born child,
is placed in our hands as the old year
passes away. The days and weeks to come
are God's gift; they carry God's blessing.
As a blessing we welcome them.
Our hope for the year ending is that all
that was good in it remain with us an
all that was harmful be left behind. 

Let There Be Peace On Earth
Let there be peace on earth,
and let it begin with me.
Let there be peace on Earth,
the peace that was meant to be.
With God as our Father,
brothers all are we,
Let me walk with my brother,
in perfect harmony.
Let peace begin with me,
let this be the moment now.
With every step I take,
let this be my solemn vow,
To take each moment and live each moment
in peace, eternally.
Let there be Peace on Earth,
and let it begin with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment