Friday, February 28, 2014

He Has A Place For Us To Fill

A few years ago when I was working in Germany, a lady who professed came to me and asked the question: "How can God demand so much from us? We had no choice or voice about coming into this world; where we'd be born, of whom, or when we'd be born." She wasn't contentious. She just wanted answers to help strengthen her faith. My answer included some scripture but I told her this story.

Way back before the war, we were preaching in Marseilles, France. It is France’s largest Seaport and the second largest city. A few people came out to our meetings. There was a handicapped lad of about 16 years old. He wasn't fully developed mentally. We were batching in the back of our Gospel Tent. He came over nearly daily. He never knocked nor said Good Morning; he just came in on his own accord. We had a folding organ and he'd try to play it. He couldn't make anything but noise! But he was a friendly lad and he did a lot of advertising for us. He told nearly everyone in the neighborhood about us and the meetings. He also worked on his mother for over two weeks to come to our Gospel Meetings. Finally, she came the third week and she was the first one to profess in those meetings! Her first testimony went like this: I always thought that God had something against me, giving me this handicapped child, which I thought was God's curse upon me. But this very child I thought was a curse to me has brought blessing into my life. He led me to Christ. I told her if God could use this handicapped child, surely He could use a very intelligent and capable person like you also. He had a purpose for this handicapped child. He certainly has a place for you to fill.


D. Karnes, Sioux City, South Dakota, February 2001.

No comments:

Post a Comment