Thursday, June 5, 2014

Messages To The Seven Churches


A lonely man on a lonely isle in the midst of a lonely sea,
Saw visions of the Heavenly land, unseen by you and me.
He was prepared by many years of living, toil and prayer,
For glimpses of the city pure, which he was soon to share.
He lived with love unfeigned and true, so pure and so sincere,
The gentle Saviour of mankind, to him was ever dear;
And God rewards a loving soul in woman or in man
To whom He can reveal His will and show His perfect plan.

John saw the beauty of the Christ, His lowliness, His love,
Who came to earth to plead and die, and leave such bliss above.
A message came to faithful John, "You well have done your part,
But still there is something for you to write upon the heart.
I send you to my unfinished work - unto my little band
Who struggling in this world of sin, do need a helping hand.
I'll tell you what to tell to them, so do not be afraid,
Just listen what I tell to you and tell them what I say."

"And write - it is no harm to write it in a book,
For other Christians may be helped as into it they look.
My church, I named a candlestick, that's where My light is set,
My messengers are Angels; stars are those who 'do and let',
And in My church there are messengers, the angels of the few,
Who gather there to worship Me and tell of how they do.
So write now to the Angel ones, there're few who will not shrink,
To give out what you send along for all the rest to drink.

"You are not perfect, Ephesus, your love has now grown cold,
You do not love Me as you did when first you reached the fold.
Yet I commend your faithfulness in living for what's true,
I know your works, your honesty in all you say and do.
But love is the one thing needful, repent ere it be too late,
Lest I remove My candlestick and leave you to your fate.
If you will overcome this lack and feed My lambs and sheep,
Within the paradise of God a place for you I'll keep.

And Smyrna, you are doing well, a word of praise I'll give,
You're better than you were at first, if you go on, you'll live.
I know your works; they are not hid from My all-seeing eye,
Although in modesty they're hid from every passerby.
You live in poverty, but you are rich, but this you will know,
You have hidden in your heart a treasure that will grow.
Fear not to suffer, to be strong, there are tears for some in store,
A few more toils, a few more tears, and we shall weep no more.

"A crown of life awaits you then upon that crowning day,
Set 'round with precious living stones gained in the Heavenly way.
He that has an open ear, Oh hasten, let him hear;
Speak out the message from your heart in meekness and in fear.
And listen still My children to Holy Spirit's voice,
For He who speaks to you now lives. He made the wisest choice.
There is a death we all must die, a life we now must live,
To gain us fellowship with Him, who endless life can give.

"To Pergamos the message is, you're holding fast My name,
You kept the faith when Antipas, a martyr true was slain.
You are dwelling in a hotbed, a place of sin and woe,
Satan's sitting in your midst, God's power to overthrow.
There are greedy sheep among you, who follow a false guide,
Who try to walk in Jesus' Way while walking on outside.
And some not sound in doctrine have need to go to school,
There is a danger of some here just ending like a fool.

Repent, or else My two-edged sword will pierce you to the heart,
An Angel keeps the two-edged sword, but Satan keeps the dart.
So let the edge of My sharp sword cut out what's false and wrong,
And when the harvest time is come you'll sing the reaper's song.
You'll eat the hidden manna sweet, and know the Master's name,
You suffered and were willing to bear reproach and shame.
And now the New Jerusalem, that comes down from above,
Will have your name written in its walls, in token of your love.

"To Thyatira's Angel now I send a message sweet,
I know you try to do your part to make your church complete.
You're better than you were at first; your works have stood the test,
Because you're doing all you can and giving of your best.
But there's a woman in your midst who calls herself a saint,
But has not crucified the flesh, in her there's no restraint.
She does not love God's children, nor heed His servants' voice,
She thinks that she is safe enough just because she made her choice.

How awful is the fate of those who cannot see their wrong,
Who fail to heed, so cannot hear, until the flesh grows strong.
A solemn warning for the few who lift their eyes to see
The beauty of His Holiness and what they ought to be.
Hold fast! A ruler you shall be, these foolish ones must yield,
An iron rod from God's own hand, fresh from the harvest field,
Will break the power of every foe, point to the morning star,
That shineth in the east for those who worship from afar

"Unto the church of Sardis write a message plain and clear,
You're very weak, you're nearly dead, send medicine right here.
You have the name of being alive, but you are dead to me,
And when I speak you cannot hear, so watch, you may not see.
Thy works, they are not perfect, so work, and watch, and pray,
It may be yet you will get right before the Judgement Day.
Remember what I did for you when you were blind in sin,
I sent My faithful messenger to teach and win you in.

"To Philadelphia I say, who Holy am and true,
Who has the key that David had, and wrote out all he knew.
There is a door no man can shut, a place no man can fill,
If you reserve that place for Him, You'll get the victory still.
I know thy works and now I set an open door for you,
A place for you to enter in and labor with the few.
So get the key that David had, obedient to God,
I'll open wide the door of hope and take you out abroad.

"And now I come to number seven [Laodiceans], I write as Paul before
Did write to tell you of your ways, but now 'tis needed more.
Some in a bad condition here are neither hot nor cold,
These two extremes, which God can help, when inside of His fold.
But lukewarm ones; not hot, not cold, will meet an awful fate,
God's mouth has no word for such; repent ere it be too late.
You say you're doing well; you prosper in the earth,
And you forget the helpless babe you were just at your birth.

"I say you're miserable and blind, and poor and naked too,
For in My sight earth's gain is loss unless the heart beats true.
I counsel you to buy some clothes, don't borrow other's wear,
Your testimony should be your own, the apron leaf will tear.
A skin of sacrifice cost tears, and tears washed Jesus' feet,
And if you fail to do your part on Sunday there's no meat.
Gold tried in the fire will purer be than dug out of the mine,
'Tis good to know the hidden things, but better far to shine.

Gold tried in the fire will drop like dew; it will be love divine,
This is the light that Jesus craves for candlestick to shine.
The eye salve is another cure, and ointment that you need,
For crumbs are lying all around and hungry hearts to feed.
We need clean eyes to see these crumbs, for they are rather small,
And if we fail to watch for crumbs, we may get none at all.
Tears wash the eyes and keep them clean; I learned this truth at school,
But foolish virgins in your church forget this homely rule

"My loved ones I rebuke, exhort, and chasten every day,
I watch and guard them every one, this is my perfect way.
Repent My children, do repent and open wide the door,
Unto the homeless Son of Man who was on earth before."
We plead Thy power, Saviour Lord, to lose that we may find,
Oh Master, help Thy little ones to evermore be kind.
Forgive the wandering, wayward thoughts that in our minds arise,
And help us choose the better part that only wins the prize.

To sit within that throne we live where Thou our Saviour art,
Our God, our Father, make us wise, give us a perfect heart.
A perfect heart, a throne for God, a God who dwells in Heaven,
In Heaven is a perfect heart, these two on earth are riven.
Shut in the Lord, shut out the world and unbelief and sin,
And open wide your heart and arms, the long lost ones to win.
These messages so plain and clear are all for us today,
Our Father, Lord, we need Thine aid, teach us to watch and pray

-By Jack Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment