Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Quotes From Fathers


If the new father feels bewildered and even defeated,
let him take comfort from the fact that whatever he does in any
fathering situation has a fifty percent chance of being right.

~ Bill Cosby ~

Jimmy Piersal, on How to Diaper a Baby
Spread the diaper in the position of the diamond with you at bat.
Then, fold second base down to home and set the baby on the pitcher's mound.
Put first base and third together, bring up home plate and pin the three together.
Of course, in case of rain you have to call the game and start all over again.
To be a successful father, there's one absolute rule:
when you have a kid, don't look at it for the first two years.

~ Ernest Hemingway ~

I have always had the feeling I could do anything and my dad told me
I could. I was in college before I found out he might be wrong.

~ Ann Richards ~

A lot of controversy over this possible invasion of Iraq.
In fact, Nelson Mandela was so upset, he called Bush's dad.
How embarrassing, when world leaders start calling your father.

~ Jay Leno ~

The older I get, the smarter my father seems to get.

~ Tim Russert ~

When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly
stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one,
I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years.

~ Mark Twain ~

My father used to play with my brother and me in the yard.
Mother would come out and say, "You're tearing up the grass."
"We're not raising grass," Dad would reply. "We're raising boys."

~ Harmon Killebrew ~

Fatherhood is pretending the present you love most is soap-on-a-rope.

~ Bill Cosby ~

A father carries pictures where his money used to be.

~ anonymous dad ~

No comments:

Post a Comment