Sunday, December 9, 2012

And God Said "No"

I asked God to take away my grief, And God said "No.......It is not for Me to take away, But for you to work through."

I asked God to make my broken heart whole, And God said "No........Your Spirit is whole, Your pain is only temporary."

I asked God to grant me patience, and God said "No........Patience is a by-product of tribulation, It isn't granted, it's earned."

I asked God to give me happiness, And God said "No........I give blessings, Happiness is up to you."

I asked God to spare me pain, And God said "No........Suffering draws you apart from the worldly cares, And brings you closer to me."

I asked God to make my Spirit grow, And God said "No........Grow on your own, I do the pruning that makes you fruitful."

I ask God if he loved me, And God said "Yes........I gave My only Son to die for you."

I asked God to help me love others, As much as He loves me. He said "Ah, finally, you have the idea."

By Derric Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment