Friday, December 7, 2012

Hard On an Honest Man

I remember way back in forty three,
I came into the Army a soldier true to be.
I left my wife and baby and home,
To help do my part and not to roam.
I toiled sweated and took it all,
I answered faithfully my Country's call.
I served to keep this a free land,
And now that the wars over I can't go home.
I'm fighting another battle, my feet would ere roam,
Selective service stopped drafting fathers, A good choice.
But I've been in 27 months, and I would like to hear my baby's voice,
Perhaps some are different and think this a lot of bull,
But these are my thoughts, And I have a belly full.
I need to be at home with my wife and baby and I don't mean maybe,
Over two years in the service all in the time of war.
The question is, What is this delay for?
I'm sure of the love of the family, they anxiously await my return too,
All this chicken I have to take, makes my morale burn low.
I once sang a song, I'll be back in a year,
But now singing this song, I can't wait I fear.
Catching plenty details the worst I say is Guard Duty,
They say keep punching, I know it's very hard.

CPL. Joe (Muddy) Waters


No comments:

Post a Comment