Sunday, April 20, 2014

God's Wish

George Walker - Gods Wish

You don't have to be clever to please me, all you have to do is want to love me. Just speak as you would to anyone of whom you are very fond.

Are there any people that you are concerned for? Say their name to me and ask as much of me as you like, I am generous, and know all their needs, but I want you to show your love for them and me, but trusting me to do what I know is best.

Tell me about the poor, the sick, the suffering, the sinners and if you have lost friendship or affection for anyone, tell me about it too. Is there anything that you want for your soul? If you like you can write out a list of all and come and read it to me.

Just tell me about your pride, your tenderness, self-centerdness, prejudice and laziness. Do not be ashamed, there are many saints inn Heaven too who had the same faults as you, they talked to me about them and little by little their faults were corrected.

What is it that you need today? Tell me for I long to do good. What are your plans? You’ll discover as you share your deepest thoughts and feelings with me, that I will become closer friends than you ever dreamed possible.

And you don't want to do anything for me? Don't you want to do a little good for the souls of your friends who have perhaps forgotten me? Tell me about your failures and I will show you the cause of them What are your worries? Who has caused you pain? Tell me about it and that you will forgive and forget and I will bless you.

Well go on now and get on with your work. Try to be more thoughtful of others you meet, and come back and share the days experiences with me. Then I will give you a better start tomorrow.

May 20. 1975. (Aged 95 years.)

LET GO – LET GOD
As children bring their broken toys,
with tears for us to mend,
I brought my broken dreams to God,
because He is my friend.
But then instead of leaving Him
in peace to work alone,
I hung around and tried to help
with ways that were my own.
At last, I snatched them back again and cried,
“How can you be so slow?”
“My child”, He replied, “What could I do?
You never did let go.”

-unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment