Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Sweet Is The Rest

Sweet is the rest that comes with dawn at last,
After the night of dark defeat is past,
And breaks the day: the triumph of Thy will-
Thy purpose in my life, Lord to fullfill.

Chorus:

This blessed rest, O Master give to me,
That I may find my peace, my all in Thee.

Sweet is the rest in bearing of the cross:
Death to a life that brings me only loss;
But from this death a resurrection sure:
A Christ-filled life, acceptable and pure.

Chorus:

Sweet is the rest when after weary toil,
I do not glory in the battles spoil.
The victor's crown, all honors, let them be
To Thee alone who gives the victory.

Chorus:

Sweet is the rest that come at close of day,
When life departs, the spirit flies away
To be with Thee, the One whom I adore,
And live with Thee and Thine forever more.

Chorus:

No comments:

Post a Comment