Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Strong In The Strength

Strong in the strength of gentleness, of meekness, faith and love,
I take Thy hand in weakness and press on toward things above;
The Morning Star will be my guide: it's lustrous rays I see
Shining along the highway, marking the path for me.

Strong radiant light assuring, my hope is set in Thee;
The gleam from off the mercy seat must always help me see
The precious things Thou hast in store for yielded lives and true,
Striving to serve the Master, doing what He would do.

Strong in the strength which He supplies, my store-house is complete;
I feast upon the living bread and drink the water sweet.
My every need He doth supply, secure with-in the fold;
His promises are ever sure: rare treasures man-i-fold.

How do I prize my calling, since Christ hath made me free?
The hand of time must test me as I journey out to sea.
Mid surges of temptations wild and murmurs of self will,
Is the Master at the helm? Hear Him whisper "Peace be still."


No comments:

Post a Comment