Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Precious Seed

The living words of Jesus to me are precious seed.
They offer peace and guidance, True comfort in my need.
With warmth of true submission, I'll gladly do my part;
Then comes first bloom of spring-time new life within my heart.

Chorus:

Divine is that blest mess-age, Like living seed to me.
I'd cherish and obey it, Reap life eternally

My heart is soil for sowing; What will it's reaping be?
Do stones there have possession? Do thorns now rule in me?
The evil one would rob me, The precious seed would steal;
No fruit will ever sweeten In hearts with hardness sealed.

Chorus:

The sowers at His bidding Have left their homes behind,
The precious seed to scatter, Impelled by love devine.
With promise of the harvest, The gospel is made known;
Come sunshine or come storm-clouds, A hope of heave'n is sown.

Chorus:

No comments:

Post a Comment