Monday, March 30, 2015

Come Unto Me And Labour

I’m Glad for my privileges here. Simeon Sarmiento and Jim Girton came to visit us in Holland and was a big help to us. Now it’s my turn to give back.
Gen 24. This is Abraham sending his servant to look for a bride for his son, Isaac. The most important choice we ever made is the choice on how we spend our life. That choice is to live for God. We can fill a precious place in God’s kingdom. The work is the greatest privilege we can have in this life. The next greater privilege is to have an open home. This is what we read in Gen 24, the bride and the bridegroom. Jesus is the bridegroom and the church is the bride. Abram called all his servants – a picture of the workers going into the world. Our acceptance and willingness to go with the servants is the most beautiful to behold. Yes - is the best word in any language.
V.3; God is the god of heavens. In the heavens there is truth. Heaven is the safest place for us to be. The Sun rules during the day. The Moon rules during the night. But God rules day and night. The mercy of God is like the moon. It is a reflection of the Sun. Abram made his servant swear by the LORD, the God of heaven, and the God of the earth. The God of Abram is the god of promise. The God of Isaac is the God of fulfillment of the promise. The God of Jacob is the fruit or the result of the gospel. This is the fruit of the spirit. And the servant said unto him, Peradventure the woman will not be willing to follow me unto this land: must I needs bring thy son again unto the land from whence thou camest?. And if the woman will not be willing to follow thee, then thou shalt be clear from this my oath: only bring not my son thither again. Servants are sent to sow the word. God is concerned with quality more than quantity. Find a bride for Isaac. Gospel went to find a bride for Jesus. We must keep Gods words in our hearts. Isaac didn’t go with the servants. We bring the truth to the world if no one wants to accept it, bring Isaac back. It is something holy and not to be mixed with the world. We are glad Jesus himself came into this world to look for a bride. If we want to make choices in the future, be sure to find someone who is serving God. Servant came to the well. He asked for water from Rebecca. He asked for a sign. God will help to confirm what his will is. Rebecca was willing to serve. Rebecca was beautiful. God was in her heart. Willingness to serve in her spirit says...“what can I do?” God is pleased with this kind of spirit. It is hard to work with people who are not willing. I need to be willing first. Rebecca was very willing to help. Servant wanted to make sure that this is the maiden chosen for his master’s son..v21. He held his peace. He was waiting for another confirmation. Servant was happy because she was from Abram’s family who also serve God. God took Abram away from his family and now God giving a wife for his son from his own family. God blessed Abram so much. God blesses all his children as they obey.
Mat. 11:28-29, “Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.” God invites us to come through the gospel. This is the way the servants are looking for a bride for the Son of God. We learn from him as we journey to meet the bridegroom of our soul.
Gen 24:27 - And he said, Blessed be the LORD God of my master Abraham, who hath not left destitute my master of his mercy and his truth: I being in the way, the LORD led me to the house of my master's brethren. The servant being in the way, God has led him. God can only lead us if we are in the way. His mercy and his truth are the same as in the New Testament. Servant went to Rebecca’s parents. Servants first told of his purpose before he ate; his message was more important than his needs. He introduced his master Abraham. This is God’s will leading him to the well. V49. Servant asked this question, “And now if ye will deal kindly and truly with my master, tell me: and if not, tell me; that I may turn to the right hand, or to the left.” To take Rebecca or not he wants Rebecca to come on her own free will. V,50. This is from the Lord. This is how we all feel. We can’t say good or bad about this. Whatever God says we want to do. There’s a blessing in believing in God’s words. Rebecca has her own free will to choose. Truth can make a very big change in a life. Need to be very careful. Time came to make a choice. Rebecca made her choice. This is very important. Concerning the gospel is for the kingdom’s best. I’m thankful for my time here in the Philippines. If God speaks we should be ready to hear and obey. We started on a journey to be with our bridegroom... Isaac…is like Jesus. Jesus came to earth to find his bride...he saw the possibility. One day he will come again to get his bride. We have a friend in Norway who used to be the leader in a group who studied the Bible. She organized this group in the village so they could come together to study the Bible. Since reading the Bible, she understood that adults should be baptized and not babies. After she professed, the people in the village lost the best they have. The gospel takes the best from the world. I am the only one professing in my family. I have four brothers and four sisters. Why God did choose me? I do not know. I have no answer. It is only God who can answer. It is only of God’s mercy. Another friend in Norway is an old lady who has to walk to a mountain place to be in meeting with the friends. Someone asked her, “Where are you going?” “Why go there?” She points to the house on the hill, “I’m going to that house where the light is burning. My heart is there and I want to bring my body where my heart is.” Jesus said, “Where your heart is, there where your treasure be also.” If our heart is in heaven we will go there. We would have a desire to journey to get there. Trust God and go further. Think of Jesus’ sacrifice. He went all the way. Jesus has gone farther than anyone of us can go. Jesus is waiting for his bride. Isaac waited for his bride. Isaac was comforted after her mother died. Sarah was in heaven and the treasures there increased. We can think of Jesus on the cross. The one whom he loved most was his mother, Mary. She understood the will of God has to be first. Jesus understood the pain in his mother. When you go out with the gospel you must come back with the truth. Abram blessed his servant and he found a bride for Isaac. Jacob was born. This is like the fruit of the spirit – the fruit of the gospel going forth. God was at work and is still working today. Luke 19:26, “For I say unto you, That unto every one which hath shall be given; and from him that hath not, even that he hath shall be taken away from him.” This is like convention. They that receive will have more. God blesses his children at convention and gives more. In 1982, was my first convention and I felt my heart was flooded with the love of his servants; God’s spirit and peace; and I feel like I was on a beach and waves coming and kept on coming to me like God’s love. Think of this wedding – the future we look forward to – It is our preparation for the wedding day. We can be blessed if we are willing to go. The bride is the most important. The day the bride meets the bridegroom is the happiest day of all. Clothe in white and cleansed by the blood of Christ. We would like to be found like Rebecca who was willing to go with the servants.

S. Leyte Convention – March 28, 2015, 9:00 A.M.

M. Miltenburg

1 comment:

  1. Hello I'm Shauna girton .. Was wondering if you could help me find a email for jim.he's my uncle and I miss him or If you would be kind to give him.mine I would appreciate it. I LOVED your blog.. Very inspiring.. My email is dustilace2@gmail.com God bless

    ReplyDelete